Bug: Broken-Out Section Tool - Editing is Affected by View Scale (CAXA)

CAXA allows you to edit the cutting depth of a Broken-Out Section after it has been created. However, if the view scale is not 1:1 then the scale and position of the boundary is affected. In the attached video I've demonstrated this comparing view scales of 1:1 and 1:10. On larger view scales editing becomes unusable, with sections needing to be restored and then recreated.

This is similar to the problem when editing "Broken Views" that are not at a scale of 1:1 (this is a long standing bug for which we are still waiting for a fix). CAXA is not managing view scales correctly when editing "Broken-Out Sections" and "Broken Views".

Malcolm

CAXA - Broken-Out Section - Editing is Affected by View Scale.exb CAXA - Broken-Out Section - Editing is Affected by View Scale.ics

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

In the 2022 version, I also see the same issue if I manually change the scale in the property of the view. I will post this issue to the CAXA forum.I see the same issue in 2022. I'll post this issue to the CAXA forum.

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

On 6/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, Malcolm Crowe said:

This is similar to the problem when editing "Broken Views" that are not at a scale of 1:1

Hi Malcolm, could you remember this issue? I don't see any issue with it.

Hi Kim,

The same problem exists in my testing of IC2023 SP1.

The problem is that the preview of the "loop" (contour) created for the Broken-Out Section isn't scaled with the View. If the View has a large scale (100:1 for example), then when editing the "loop" that you need to click within will be very small (at a scale of 1:100) compared to the View. That is very small. If the View has a small scale (1:50 for example), then when editing the "loop" that you need to click within will be very large (at a scale of 50:1).

Malcolm

4 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Kim,

The same problem exists in my testing of IC2023 SP1.

The problem is that the preview of the "loop" (contour) created for the Broken-Out Section isn't scaled with the View. If the View has a large scale (100:1 for example), then when editing the "loop" that you need to click within will be very small (at a scale of 1:100) compared to the View. That is very small. If the View has a small scale (1:50 for example), then when editing the "loop" that you need to click within will be very large (at a scale of 50:1).

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I can see the problem you describe about "Broken-Out Section".

I don't see what's the issue with the "Broken View".

Kim

I got it

Thanks Malcolm, I'm happy to hear that ^_^

Kim