About global coordinates

TakumiIde

In the Scene, right-click and go to show menu option. Click to check Coordinate System. Hit ok. Hit A on the keyboard and this will unhide the default coordinate planes. 

You can then drag and drop to the 0,0,0 or drop elsewhere and use the Triball center and right-click edit position to move to 0,0,0 from a designated location on on your part where the TriBall is located.

2 minutes ago, Cary OConnor said:

In the Scene, right-click and go to show menu option. Click to check Coordinate System. Hit ok. Hit A on the keyboard and this will unhide the default coordinate planes. 

You can then drag and drop to the 0,0,0 or drop elsewhere and use the Triball center and right-click edit position to move to 0,0,0 from a designated location on on your part where the TriBall is located.

Helpful. Thank you very much.

We always have the XY plane showing by default in our templates, as I prefer to know where in space I'm dropping parts into the scene (such as the origin). I also use the grid and snap of the XY plane for initial positioning. If you select the boundary of the plane and right click, a context menu is displayed. One of the options in the menu is create a 2D profile on the plane (or offset from it). I find this helpful also. Attached is a video demonstrating these and the points mentioned by Cary and Joseph as well.

Malcolm