IronCAD DCS on MS Surface Tablet?

emil.rindell

I know someone who was using a Surface Laptop (no GPU) and it seemed to run well. You don't need Windows "Pro" versions, I have used IC many times on non-pro windows versions like home-edition etc.

Touch will not work very well, at the moment it is near-impossible to use IronCAD without a separate individual mouse. Touchpad and/or touchscreen both don't really have support.
I have tried in multiple different ways to use IronCAD with touch screens by customizing things, it's possible, but painful.

So it will probably run fine on Surface Tablet, but it will still need a mouse plugged in so not much use from the "tablet" side. And the GPU (or lack thereof) will probably struggle with any really big models.

I would really like to see touch support and pen/stylus support for IronCAD. Small laptops, tablets, and even phones (!) are now powerful enough to run CAD software, so I think the future of design software will involve a lot more mobility and designing with portable devices. E.g. carrying a tablet or foldable smartphone onto a worksite or into a factory, and being able to design efficiently in the palm of your hand rather than needing to travel back to a desk with an external mouse.