Parameter Table Set-up

SSIMMONS

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been struggling to understand the parameter table functionality. It is a bit embarrassing, I must say, If anyone has a second can they post a video of a simple shape (box maybe) and the setup process for the 2D sketch parameters and most importantly, that pesky Z or Height axis (and any other tips you may have)? Thanks.

-Spencer

Thanks so much. I can't believe how close I was. It was not letting me add the "H" variable into the intellishape extrude text box (kept saying it was not a valid entry). I still am not sure why, but I guess I might have been trying to do it at the block level and not the intellishape level by accident. Anywho, Thanks guys!

- Spencer

In case you want to learn more about building complex parameter models, I just recently made a training course here: https://www.ironcad.academy/advanced-training

Note it's a paid course (it took me many many hours to design and record all the course content and example models).

But you get over 6 hours of content, and I cover a ton of detail on the different levels of parameters (Sketch, Shape, Feature, Pattern, Part, Assembly, Constraint, Dimension, & Suppression Parameters). I also cover a bunch of other related topics, like Assembly level push-pull handles, adding dynamic pricing info, attachment point parameters and more.

I would hope/expect that the course price (299) would quickly pay itself back from all the future modelling time saved with the knowledge gained from the course.

Anyway wanted to mention it exists! All the best.