ICD Drawing View Scale Behavior - Opening 2020 Drawings in 2021

SHORNBRO

I've run into a strange behavior in which the view scale annotation for drawings made in IC 2020 break upon loading them in IC 2021.  By "break", I mean that the text annotation replaces the default "SCALE" is replaced with the string, "Indented List".  This behavior is only associated with views that were created in 2020 and then loaded into 2021.  New views made in 2021 display the correct "SCALE" text.  For newly-made drawings, this is not a problem, however this does create an issue when revising older drawings.  

View Scales Created in IC 2020:

image.thumb.png.a70ab88f2dd2da3a1b15fa7ad4969385.png

View Scales Loaded into IC 2021:

image.thumb.png.7a55a8b8c1de9840a01f9bfc369cf07a.png

Currently, there are two work-arounds we have come up with which don't solve the problem, but allow us to still finish revisions.

1. Remove the View Scale annotation and manually enter the scale using the View Note annotation.  This is not ideal, as it does not automatically adjust the annotation should a view scale be changed.  Although not a dealbreaker, our intent with alot of our annotations, BoM information, and Title Blocks is to automate as much as possible with the tools we have.

2. Recreate the Views (and all dimensioning and annotations) when bringing the drawing into IC 2021.  Also not a dealbreaker, but unnecessarily duplicating work is a major slowdown and hindrance.

I've attached a quick test case I put together.  The attached ICS and ICD files were created using the latest IC2020 install.  Opening the ICD drawing in IC2021 results in the "Indented List" behavior.  I have tested this using externally linked parts/assemblies as well with the same result.  For context, this behavior seems to occur on all 2020-made ICD drawings across multiple machines in our office.

Has anyone else run into similar issues when updating older ICD Drawings in 2021?  Any insight from a fresh pair of eyes is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Best regards,

-Sam

TEST CASE ~ 2020-2021 VIEW SCALE.zip

This is due to the new View Label for the Scale text string introduced in v2021. No such label has been available in previous versions, so the text box seems to fill itself with a random string from the code. You can turn off the View Labels for the drawing for now, which will solve this.

Go to the Styles and Layers (use the [L] keyboard button) and then select Views at the bottom of the list.

bild.png.8e4bc7943f6ee63f3cada503a62f4ed4.png

bild.png.6f7666e48d2e04d4cf74ee56122aadfa.png

Select Modify for the selected Views style and turn off the View Labels (where the View scale label is new in v2021).

bild.png.b85c12ad87689baccb566c5829fef37e.png

I think the R&D team is looking at a way to manage legacy drawings better when using a View Label, specially when you have localized (due to native language) drawing templates.