Request: Attachment Points - Copying of General and Custom Properties

Malcolm Crowe

This request is that a section (or sections) be added to the Attachment Point Dialog Box for copying selected "General Properties" and "Custom Properties" between parts in a similar manner as is currently possible with "Parameters".

I currently have structural steel and piping shapes automatically sizing via Attachment Points; but these then require manual copying (drag-and-drop) of the applicable General and Custom Properties. Having these Properties automatically copy over with the Parameters would be helpful.

Malcolm

Attachment Points - Copying of General and Custom Properties.png

@Malcolm Crowe @Cary OConnor

As part of this ER, can we simply reword the parameter area in Attachment Points so it's easier for new users to understand.

Right now, for the Variable area, it's a little confusing which one is the variable on your existing part/assembly, and which one is the variable that will be the driver. Basically which variable is controlling which.

I would suggest instead of the current:

Variable:
Referred Variables:
Value:
| | As Parameter Expression

We change to:

Parameter To Change:
Selectable Parameters:
Driving Parameter:
| | Lock as Parameter

Maybe it is just me, but I find it confusing to know off the top of my head which box refers to the existing model, and which box refers to the model I'm dropping out. I normally just end up looking at a model I've done earlier to check.