DXF files - quick viewing

HDEAR

Hi all,

For some reason, if I want to view a dxf file and click on the dxf file in the folder ( MS explorer ),  CAXA takes forever to load the file and I still have to click on 'cancel all' when it comes to the font question - I'm talking minutes, sometimes up to two or more.

I notice  there is IPROSviewer in IC Mech that appears when you do a 'Face to dxf'  Is this accessible somehow form outside of IC - in other words could I make that a default programme to open a dxf file and view it quickly?

I used to use Draftsight to open DXFs but now it's no longer a free programme. Autocad's dxf viewer is alright, the operative word being alright.

I know I need to sort out why CAXA is taking forever to load ( even when I start a new drawing ) but meanwhile, it would be lovely to click on a dxf file and it shows up in a heartbeat.

Harley

Thanks Cary,

I'll send you the files, including the template and set-up.

I will shut the laptop down and try Compose. CAXA always takes a much longer time the first time I open either a scene and the open CAXA or I try and open a dxf up the first time. After that it's quicker but it is still snail pace.

Cheers - Harley

Hi Harley,

Try to open the DXF in the CAXA DRAFT in IC exe located at C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2020\bin\CAXADraft\bin\CDRAFT_M_IC.exe. This is CAXA DRAFT that will start without the IronCAD portion (which takes longer to load the modeling kernels and such). Give that a try to see if it is faster for you. COMPOSE will be faster than the IronCAD process but the CAXA DRAFT in IC will be the fastest out of the 3.

Cary

Hi Cary,

Try to open the DXF in the CAXA DRAFT in IC exe located at C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2020\bin\CAXADraft\bin\CDRAFT_M_IC.exe.

Yes that works - thanks.

I'll work out how to set that programme as the default when I click on DXFs

4 hours ago, tlehnhaeuser said:

Harley

If you looking for quick viewing, COMPOSE seems to work great.

t

Thanks Tom, and yes it works fine. I find though that CAXA Draft and Compose work pretty much the same speed to open. The advantage of CAXA draft is that I can edit if I need to.

Cheers - Harley

On 11/16/2020 at 9:30 PM, HDEAR said:

Hi all,

For some reason, if I want to view a dxf file and click on the dxf file in the folder ( MS explorer ),  CAXA takes forever to load the file and I still have to click on 'cancel all' when it comes to the font question - I'm talking minutes, sometimes up to two or more.

I notice  there is IPROSviewer in IC Mech that appears when you do a 'Face to dxf'  Is this accessible somehow form outside of IC - in other words could I make that a default programme to open a dxf file and view it quickly?

Yes, you can use it, it is located in the IC_Mechanical installation folder in the subfolder .. \Bin
the program is called IPROCADViewer.exe
you can associate it as a default viewer and it is very quick to open,
but it's just a viewer, you can't edit or measure elements.

Angelo

Hi Tom, 

We need more information about the issue you are talking about. This issue was just for general viewing of DXF files. Importing into a sketch is different. 2D Sketch will only import curve data. The reference 2D will import more but it is not editable. Let me know the report and we can look at it.

Cary