Dynamic Parts names

Nickul

Hi,

I'm using the dynamic part naming quite a bit now. is there a way to reference the shell thickness. I get I could do this by creating a parameter and then linking the shell thickness to this and then referencing this parameter in the part name but can you do it natively?

i.e. just by typing   =Shape2\ShellFeature\Thickness    into the description field

I've had a look through the API docs to see whether I could spot any clues but to no avail

I want to reference the size of box section,  i.e. I'm after  "50x50x3  Box"  and then I can list the length of the section in a separate column in my BOM.

• 2 years later...

this has caught me out recently,

=Shape1\Sizebox\Width & " x " & Shape1\Sizebox\Length & “ x ” & Shape3\Shelling\ShellingThickness & " Box"

=Shape1\Sizebox\Width & " x " & Shape1\Sizebox\Length & " x " & Shape3\Shelling\ShellingThickness & " Box"

look carefully at the two strings. I was constructing these in Word (bad idea) and the quotation marks for the second x are the wrong character, they must be a different ASCII code. Its very subtle on this font here, in Word its more pronouced, but they are "stylised". IronCAD does not recognise these. Solution was to just filter it through notepad to change the quotes to the basic ones.

Is there a way to access the "Individual Face Thickness" under the shelling thickness ?  , 

I've tried     Shape3\Shelling\ShellingThickness1   etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

image.thumb.png.e07d85e83ef35702a7cdb560d0cd39ca.png

image.png.c940723b19a9204662a821e17545a45b.png

Again, is there any way to use that "Individual Face Thickness" in Part Number?

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim