CAXA - detail arrow input problems and time to load

HDEAR

Hi all.

I have just had my laptop rebuilt and i have had to re-load IC and IC Mech on again.

I have two immediate problems;

Problem 1) When using an extension ( larger ) screen, when in CAXA I cannot input text into the Leader arrow . It woks fine on the actual laptop screen itself, but on the extended screen it doesn't. Below explains what I mean ( working one first, problem child second )

image.thumb.png.163b9271861c617d8abffc533309cd78.png

image.thumb.png.b0c6abcb7778e52f661d497ffb8b444e.png

Here are my screen settings

image.thumb.png.282c4336ae70051384554e16261ae0c0.png

This happens on all three locations I work from that have extended screens. I did not have this problem previously

Problem 2) When in an IC scene and wanting to start a CAXA drawing from that scene, the load up time is anywhere from 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds. This seems an awful long tims and when checking with one of my friends, his CAXA loads up in the same time it takes to load ICD, just seconds.

image.thumb.png.c161848989169f6523742b12971112e9.png

Hi Harley,

It seems your system has scaling issues between screens. Can you try this, RMB click IC2020 desktop shortcut and on the third window tick both box Program DPI & High DPI scaling override>Application.

Regards,

Joseph

IC2020 prorperties.png

It seems that the leader arrow text input only works if I make the larger extension screen my main screen. If I duplicate the screens, then the text input field works on both screens. If I extend the screens, it only works on one screen.

Anyone else experiencing this? ( Leader Text input field shows only on one screen and not the other when using extended screens ).

Harley

Edited by HDEAR

Hi Harley,

I've fired up my laptop and connected an external monitor to it (via a Display Port) and I've been running in extended mode. I've tried setting both monitors to the same resolutions and also to their native resolutions (which are quite different), but I'm not experiencing the problem that you're describing. It doesn't matter which monitor I drag CAXA into, the appearance and behavior of the Leader Dialog Box is the same. So for me, all is behaving as it should.

Malcolm

Hi Harley,

Your laptop default resolution may have a different default resolution on your desktop monitor that is causing the issue with the extended screen. I assume you have ic on one screen and CAXA on the other screen. Your laptop may have a Scale and layout setting past the 100% recommendation while your display monitor may have a different one. Try to change the setting on the problems display.

Display settings.png

8 hours ago, jolizon590016 said:

Hi Harley,

I assume you have ic on one screen and CAXA on the other screen. 

Hi Joseph, I am running both on the same screen, whether it's the extension or the laptop. I think you may have missed the point that prior to my laptop rebuild, both screens worked with the text input for leader line beforehand. If I make the extension screen the main ( and only ) screen, it works.

Harley

Edited by HDEAR

8 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Harley,

I've fired up my laptop and connected an external monitor to it (via a Display Port) and I've been running in extended mode. I've tried setting both monitors to the same resolutions and also to their native resolutions (which are quite different), but I'm not experiencing the problem that you're describing. It doesn't matter which monitor I drag CAXA into, the appearance and behavior of the Leader Dialog Box is the same. So for me, all is behaving as it should.

Malcolm

That's good to know - thanks for trying that Malcolm.