Custom Bill of Materials not working

MB-Furniture

[SOLVED]

Hello everyone,

I recently reinstalled IronCAD. Previously I made a BOM template with measurements and other items and saved this template into the template folder and onto my USB.

Because I reinstalled IronCAD the custom template got deleted. I tried reinporting it into the Template folder: Program Files >> IronCAD >> 2020 >> AppData >> en-Us >> Template >> BOM >> General

Sadly the custom template doesn't show up in my IronCAD. 

I also tried recreating the custom template, but then I could't save that. 

Does anyone know how to inport a custom template?

Greetings,

MB

Edited by MB-Furniture

If you are on the latest version of IronCAD (2020 PU1 SP1), there is a user folder that is set in the tools/options/directories. 

image.png

Once you set that directory, you can go to your drawing and use the Menu-File-Save as Template command and save directly to that location. This is where IronCAD will read from when click New. Keep in mind the folder structure needs to follow the directories like: \Template\Drawing with the folders for the tabs at the top. 

Let me know if that helps.

16 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

If you are on the latest version of IronCAD (2020 PU1 SP1), there is a user folder that is set in the tools/options/directories. 

image.png

Once you set that directory, you can go to your drawing and use the Menu-File-Save as Template command and save directly to that location. This is where IronCAD will read from when click New. Keep in mind the folder structure needs to follow the directories like: \Template\Drawing with the folders for the tabs at the top. 

Let me know if that helps.

I found the folder and the template is now showing up in the selection menu. Thanks a lot!