Opening the linked scene from within CAXA and changin precision

HDEAR

Hi all,

I know it's staring me in the face, but can't find it.

When within CAXA, how do you open the relative linked scene, if it's not already open?

Also I have my unit precision set to 0.0 ( I work in metric ) which helps pick up the odd misalignment. However if I am content with the misalignment and it's not vital to correct that in the scene, is there a quick way I can change the unit precision to 0, wothout having to go into properties and scrolling down, then making another scroll change? In ICD, you highlight the dimension and hit CTRL-0 so I'm hoping it's something as simple as that in the way of a short-cut

Thanks

Harley,

If you want to change the precision of all of the dimensions that you place in the drawing, then you need to change the precision within the "Dimension Style". You could even have different Dimension Styles for different precision applications if you wanted.

For your additional learning, at the start of the attached video I show how to remove the previous dimension precision overrides in the Properties Panel, before I make changes to the "Dimension Style".

Malcolm

Dimensioning - Changing Precision of Dimension Style.png

3 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Harley,

The attached image shows how to open the 3D Scene that is linked to a Generated View in CAXA. Right click on the view to display this menu and choose "Edit Scene".

Malcolm

Opening 3D Scene from CAXA.png

Thanks Malcolm,

DOH! like I said, there it was staring me in the face. That's why my wife doesn't like to send me shopping :)

Harley

2 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Harley,

If you are referring to changing the precision of selected dimensions only, then the attached image and video demonstrates.

Select the desired dimension (or dimensions), right click, and select Dim Precision.

Malcolm

Dimensioning - Changing Precision of Selected Dimensions.png

Thanks Malcolm, Yep - selected dimensions only, I'll leave the 'system all drawings' as is because it helps pick up minor errors. Harley