Lag spikes in CAXA

Hello Everyone,

When using CAXA I get lag spikes whenever I'm using smart dimension. When I click to select a point it takes a second for me to be able to move around again. After a while of making drawings this can get very annoying.

Questions:

• Is this normal behavior?
  • Is this a know bug?
  • Could the problem be my hardware?
  • Could it originate from my settings?

My general pc hardware:

• Geforce 1060 6 gb
  • Ryzen 2700x (3,7Ghz - 8 Cores - 16 Threads - 20MB Cache)
  • 16GB Ram

I hope someone can help me with this problem,

Thanks for reading,

MB

On 5/5/2020 at 8:08 PM, Cary OConnor said:

It sounds like it may be hardware or a setting potentially. Could you record a video to show the case? Does it happen in all files? Maybe we can setup a goto meeting with support to look at your system setup.

Cary

Thank you for the reply,

I did some testing, and I think I'm onto something.

When I notice CAXA lagging it is usually after a few hours of drawing. During this time I also have the 3D scene file open of the thing I'm making the CAXA drawing of.

Because it only lags after a few hours, this makes me think that there is a build up of junk files that slows down the program. Could this be possible?

I'm sadly not able to make a video of the problem, because I finished the projects of my internship and won't have big projects for while. However, If I do come across the problem I will make a video and post it on this thread.

Greetings,

MB

Thanks for the update. I am also on a Ryzen platform and trying to figure out what is going on. Just like to know is your virtual memory/paging file is set in auto. As you stated the lag happens after few hours of drawing, even with 16 GB adding sheets, detail and concurrent changes on your model can fill up your page file is set to the minimum than the recommended.

Try WIN+Ctrl+Shift+B to restart Windows graphics to clear it.

Regards.

Edited by jolizon590016
update

On 5/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, jolizon590016 said:

Thanks for the update. I am also on a Ryzen platform and trying to figure out what is going on. Just like to know is your virtual memory/paging file is set in auto. As you stated the lag happens after few hours of drawing, even with 16 GB adding sheets, detail and concurrent changes on your model can fill up your page file is set to the minimum than the recommended.

Try WIN+Ctrl+Shift+B to restart Windows graphics to clear it.

Regards.

The memory/paging file is set to auto, and it has 4779MB of virtual memory.

I will try the shortcut next time I encounter lag spikes