Using SpaceMouse with IronCAD

rsaucier

Can anyone give me feedback on their experience using a SpaceMouse with IronCAD?  I think some work and some do not so It would be helpful to know if anyone has a specific one that they use that works well.  I appreciate any help as I have a customer who is really wanting to use one and he seems to be having trouble with his.

Thanks

RJ

The 3D Connexion mouse (s) should all work with IronCAD once you download the drivers from their site. Currently the basic behaviors work and customization of the Keyboard commands work. There is not a deeper integration to access all IC commands to program the mouse. Also, we are investigating on improving the zoom in behavior where it gets really fast and can zoom through the part quickly. Also, there is a regression on the drawing with the space mouse we are looking into.

Best Regards,

Cary

Guest Peter Taylor

I have been using the SpaceMouse for several years now and find that generally it works well. I have however experienced this issue with zooming but it only seems to occur in 1 or 2 particular ICS assemblies which I created a couple of years ago and whenever I open those files the same behaviour occurs. I can have another ICS open at the same time and it works fine. In fact all assemblies I have created since then work reasonably well epecially when using a combination of the SpaceMouse or pressing the scroll button on my logitek trackball mouse to manipulate the model. I find that the zooming in particular is easier if done with the scroll button on the other mouse. I also find it is very useful to set the right button on the SpaceMouse to operate the Triball and the left button I use F8 (or D) to fit scene.

Yep, been using my spacemouse plus for 15 years now, I could not be without it. I have slaved the S key to the right hand button so i can quickly bring up the menus and the "1" button is the triball, 2 unlocks the triball  etc...

Occasionaly the zoom goes a bit mad, but "fit Scene" fixes it.

Nick

I just use the Space Mouse compact on my left and a Logitech Trackball on my right.I am a lefty this just right. For going Pro or Enterprise, make sure the extra buttons will work with IC and for your needs. It will be a overkill or a waste if you don't utilize the display on the Enterprise and buttons. I have been schooled to use the right hand for most task as anyone but gave up writing as it was hopeless.

Regards

Edited by jolizon590016

• 1 year later...
Guest Morgan

On 3/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, Cary OConnor said:

The 3D Connexion mouse (s) should all work with IronCAD once you download the drivers from their site. Currently the basic behaviors work and customization of the Keyboard commands work. There is not a deeper integration to access all IC commands to program the mouse. Also, we are investigating on improving the zoom in behavior where it gets really fast and can zoom through the part quickly. Also, there is a regression on the drawing with the space mouse we are looking into.

Best Regards,

Cary

Realy nice to hear, I got my mouse a week ago and really struggel with the zoom in part. but good you looking in to it.

• 2 years later...
Guest Cecilia

Hi! 
Has the zoom behavior for 3d connexion mouse been improved since 2020 and works better for 2024?
I used it every day for autodesk inventor back in the days but for Ironcad I never got it work well and the zoom has been too fast.

/Cecilia