Viewer for IronCAD 3D parts:

Robert Andersson

After founding a tip from Tom I run in to this viewer:

http://www.modelpress.com/

You will need both the viewer and the publisher.

Export from IronCAD and import to the publisher.

Then export a file in a special, compact format.

That format can be viewed in the viewer.

Free of charge!

Even have sectioning and mesuring.

Dont forget to vote for naitive ICS support on modelpress website

One advantage over a ICS viewer is that you dont risk to loose your sharp CAD data wich you do if you distribute your ICS files.

Robert Andersson

Solidmakarna

www.hoops3d.com

I work well with this one for Acis

Attention:

Scene export from Acis to Acis will be different than Parasolid to Acis.

Parasolids to Acis will give green parts instead of the right color.

• 10 months later...
Guest gfeidner
After founding a tip from Tom I run in to this viewer:

http://www.modelpress.com/

You will need both the viewer and the publisher.

Export from IronCAD and import to the publisher.

Then export a file in a special, compact format.

That format can be viewed in the viewer.

Free of charge!

Even have sectioning and mesuring.

Dont forget to vote for naitive ICS support on modelpress website

One advantage over a ICS viewer is that you dont risk to loose your sharp CAD data wich you do if you distribute your ICS files.

Robert Andersson

Solidmakarna

1386[/snapback]

I like the model press for smaller parts and would love to use it for larger assemblies but it wont seem to open them up. Our file size is about 40+ mb with over 40,000 parts.

HELP!!! if you can

Have you tried the bundled "IC-Viewer"?  And this topic seem sto have started before the 7.0 release.... I was wondering if you have tried the MOdelPress viewer now that it does have native ics support?

8612[/snapback]

I don't think, ModelPress really has native ICS support. It seems to make use of the embedded HSF stream just like the IC-Viewer.

Beat

WEll, yeah, if you want to get technical that's exactly what it does.........

But it's about as native as you need to get for a viewer application. The HSF stream even includes assembly information..... if you're worried about the viewed file being an exact representation of the ironcad scene, that is understandable, but since Modelpress supports HSF pretty fully, then making the viewer show something more true-to-design is just a factor of us putting more and more ironcad data in to the HSF stream (we don't have textures right now, for instance... and 2d profiles are missing too)... then it's just up to us and a given IC release.

It would be very impractical for a viewer to read native IC data from the file... as the IC file format is heavy (lots of data not needed for viewing), not well documented, fragile, and very dynamic.... each release of IC woudl require the viewer to play catch-up... and given our market share, I don't think they would be very willing to do too much of that too quickly.

Steven -

I didn't mean to criticize. I just wanted to point out that Modelpress is on the same level as IC-Viewer. Modelpress has very nice security features, IC-Viewer has much faster rendering (on my setup, at least). The combination of these two, maybe spruced up with 3D-Tool's ability to produce small executables (i.e. the recipient doesn't have to install anything), would make up my (almost) perfect viewer.

Beat

Edited by B. Ludin