Problem with POS number bubbles

StigGB

Hi folks

I have one main assembly (picture) and five sub-assemblies.

Problem: When I create BOM list and  attach Item Bubbles to my drawing I see I can't get a number for some parts, I got some '??' in the bubble.

But if I attach a bubbles to sub-assembly in the top right corner I get numbers.. 

Whay do I not get numbers but  'question marks (??) 'in bubbles in the rest of the sub-assemblies ?

Problem with POS number bubbles.jpg

The view and the BOM are "disconnected", it can see the top left assy, but not the rest.

If your view has "shaded rendering" turned on, the view will not update correctly depending on the view quality in the view's properties, turn the rendering off until you are finished whilst you go through the add bubble and update process. At the point of turning the rendering off you should see the view update automatically, hopefully the bubbles should resolve.

Another point I've found that sometimes sends it screwy is when a part is set to "expand", or "set to part" where it cannot find the parts you want to bubble.

Can you post the .ics and .icd files for that view to look at ? (stripped of company info if needed).

Also see my post -

with the comment at the bottom of "Shaded rendering not updating".

Also watch out for item bubbles with more than one leader line, as the second leader line can be dragged to item not associated with the bubble.

Edited by Mike Hatch

55 minutes ago, Mike Hatch said:

The view and the BOM are "disconnected", it can see the top left assy, but not the rest.

If your view has "shaded rendering" turned on, the view will not update correctly depending on the view quality in the view's properties, turn the rendering off until you are finished whilst you go through the add bubble and update process. At the point of turning the rendering off you should see the view update automatically, hopefully the bubbles should resolve.

Another point I've found that sometimes sends it screwy is when a part is set to "expand", or "set to part" where it cannot find the parts you want to bubble.

Can you post the .ics and .icd files for that view to look at ? (stripped of company info if needed).

Also see my post -

with the comment at the bottom of "Shaded rendering not updating".

Also watch out for item bubbles with more than one leader line, as the second leader line can be dragged to item not associated with the bubble.

The view can see the top left assy yes and the rod, el-motor and some other brackets in main assy.

The sub assy's are copied along the rod but view only see the top assy. Tried to turn off shading and update the view, nothing happened (tried Quick, draft and Precice) - still bubble with ??

I'm ware of the the 'expand' and 'treat as part' button so this is correct in the assy.