Smart Paint - Identifying Existing and Removing Colour

SKELLY

Hello All, 

I am a new user and have come up against a problem with smart paint in IronCad. If by mistake I incorrectly paint the wrong part in the scene how can I tell what the colour is on other parts without trying to match it and mucking it up further. Also how is it possible to remove the paint from a part so you can revert back to original? Appreciate your help, Cheers

If you are looking at two colors that are similar or need to match a color property from other programs, etc. you can always just look at the RGB settings of that smart paint as shown below. As far as the going back to the original color, there are several options. We use specific materials that apply a color and the automatically enter our BOM in our drawings. This is a catalog item that we simply drag and drop, but if you are not looking to get into this depth there are simple options. You can drop a new part and use the eye dropper to match the color and properties of a default object. The other option is to pick a material from the materials catalog and use it on everything as a default. I hope this helps,

P.S. - If you want to color many objects at once you can assemble them and highlight the assembly. When the color is dropped you will be asked if you want to color everything. 

- Spencer

image.png

• Like 1