Designing odd shaped fin

rsaucier

Maybe try a creating a curve and wrapping it to a cylinder to get the curvature. Then you can tweak the curve at the ends. Use a Ruled surface command to make the blade and then just link it around the shaft. This would work if you are not being too precise about the curve shape of the blade.

Cary

Anyone have any tips how to make these fins?  It would be greatly appreciated.

RJ

48121[/snapback]

Between Tom and you, with your spiral mixer and his 'globe on bottle', you guys have to take the prize for the oddest stuff that has to be drawn laugh.gif

The method I suggested may work but it will be tricky to get the curve to go from the outside to the inside diameter location. Currently our wrap will only work on cylinders so you can't create a cone type shape to wrap the curve onto (which is what is really needed).

The other option could be to use a cone/loft shape and then use the 3D Curve - Interpolate on Surface option and draw the curve on the cone surface. Then create a sweep surface (create a straight segment as the section) along the curve. That should give you a close result.

Cary

CurveShape.mp4

If we have a (wishlist) deformation tool it may help a lot. I broke it down to parts but need more work but I think the concept process might hit a note. If there was a size reference so I can adjust the compression or height of the helix mellow.gif Too early for vertigo strain. blink.gif

RJ_Twist.png

RJ_Twist2.png

RJ_Twist.ics