CAXA - Print to PDF

KLEA

I'm finding that my PDF's don't come out as nice as I would prefer.

I have worked out what thickness to use for the drawing itself but my text come out untidy with certain letters appearing thicker than others despite them being set to the same thickness, as well as being a lot thicker than I would like.

The preview looks good but is not how it turns out after printing.

Any suggestions?

I'm finding that my PDF's don't come out as nice as I would prefer.

The preview looks good but is not how it turns out after printing.

Any suggestions?

47792[/snapback]

Any examples to show us ?.

I do find that the print preview in IronCAD sometimes does not quite match the printed result on paper (some text boxes truncate) but its very minor and usually it works fine for us.

Are you generating from within IronCAD or using an application ?.

We use a free print utility - PDF Creator - (https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator), it shows up in your list of printers once installed so works on all sorts of programs. Used it for years and gives us what we want. It will try to install - PDF Architect - during the creator install, just be careful of the tick boxes and the "no thanks" button and this won't happen.

generating from within IronCAD,

I figured out the lines, if I have my lines at 0 thickness I don't lose and quality when zooming in. this means I can create detailed drawings.

The main issue is text. I was using Ariel font but it doesn't work very well.

I have attached two pictures to show a comparison between the program we used to use and IronCAD, both are Ariel text. It is worse when printed.

I can't attach a pdf as this is work related.

I have changed to another font that works a lot better but it is really weird to me that Ariel didn't work as I've never had an issue with it in other programs.

ariel_draftsight.JPG

ariel_IronCAD.JPG