Getting rusty on circular placement of text

jolizon590016

blink.gif

Getting rusty on putting text on circle like in front of a camera lens. I use to put a letter (text) and move the anchor (clicking twice till the anchor it turns yellow>F10 to move) to via the tri-ball to the center of circle. From there rotate to number of letters to create a word (rotate to create a radial pattern) or name and again edit each letter correspondingly. Is it still the same methodology?

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...wtopic=5711&hl= thread is for a curve path

regards blush.gif

Edited by jolizon590016

Should still be the same.

41512[/snapback]

Its one at a time but -

Create a 3d curve for the path of the letters, generate a 3D letter of appropriate size and depth, Triball it onto the curve.

Use the Triball to align the letter (EG to the center of a circular path).

Right click drag the letters' triball centre handle, select "copy along curve", set the number of letters and the distance between, click the "Orientated along tangent" radio button, and OK.

A new group of letters is generated plus the original one, group select those letters to position with the Triball (assuming a circular path), and edit the text individually. Delete the orignal or use it as needed.

I don't see a way to generate a whole word and then fit it to a curve, any suggestions ?

Mike.

Not sure if this is what you want to achieve, but you could create the text within CAXA using the "Arc-Aligned Text" tool. Explode the text twice. The first time explodes the text to "letters". The second time explodes those letters down to line elements. Then import the CAXA drawing into a 2D sketch within IRONCAD. From this you can then extrude "add" or "remove".

In the attached example I have demonstrated this.

Malcolm

IRONCAD_2015_PU1.1___Imported_Arc_Aligned_Tect.mp4

CAXA_2015_PU1.1___Arc_Aligned_Text.exb

IRONCAD_2015_PU1.1___Arc_Aligned_Text.ics