Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 is around the corner for release soon and already receiving MS notification for it. Just want to know if IC2015 will be ready for it. Thanks.

win10upg.png

win10upgrdy.png

Edited by jolizon590016

Hi Joseph,

I've been running IC v2015 on Win 10 Tech Preview running in a VirtualBox environment without any issues. I guess it still has to be thoroughly tested by the developers, but I haven't seen any significant issues so far.

No, a month earlier - 29th of July. You can read more here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...ty_win10upgrade

"It will be available starting July 29, 2015; people can reserve their free upgrade today."

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

August 31st was slip from Newegg for retrailers date to market from what I read from gizmodo. Thanks Kevin for the advise and looking forward to it. I do hope hoops take advantage of the dx12/ opengl vulkan graphics low level improvements as it will improve graphics scalability as demonstrated on games.

• 2 months later...

smile.gif I bit the bullet and upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. IRONCAD 2015 and KeyShot 5 for IRONCAD linking properly. Core parking seems to do a good job in general as it switches instantaneously on demand for KeyShot5, so no penalty on that one.

Still able to run my 32 bit Illustrator 9 without the graphics switching to a basic mode which is great. biggrin.gif Other details was on the Ready thread.

Edited by jolizon590016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 9/2/2015 at 1:34 AM, dleczynski said:

IC 2013

IC 2012

IC 2011

all working in windows 10 style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Hi,

I just got a new PC notebook running windows 10 64bit. I tried installing ironcad 2012 either 32bit or 64 bit version on my new windows machine but I faced issues with the tools catalog.

When I drag custom hole onto the 3D block (extrude), once released to position, the dialog box for me to set the type of holes (threaded/thru hole) did not appear. Same goes for other tools in the tools catalog (Bearings/Helix/Fastener). May I know what installation you using? The one working on my old notebook was build 10790. Build 10791 seems not working.

Regards

Rashid

Hi Rashid,

I have move on past those versions. What are installed on my end is 2019 to 2021. What may happen on your end if your new notebook is running 1080P, it failed to scale IC2011, 2012, & 2013 properly and placed the dialog boxes elsewhere.

Right click the IC Icon and see if this works for you. regards

image.thumb.png.2b383bae24e0628d4159eb8b0d141e88.png