IC on laptop - Mouse problems

CPARRIS

I have been working with IC 2016 on my laptop for 6 months with no issues, but recently all the mouse commands have slowed right down, for instance zooming and panning commands take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to respond, where they used to be instant. I don't think I have change any setting or options to have caused this, so am at a complete loss as to what it can be.

I have Tried different mice and the problem remains, so before I run out and buy a new laptop if any one has any suggestions they would be gratefully received.

Did you try IronCAD 2017?  I notice you do have a license for 2017.

You can download it here:

http://www.ironcad.com/download-free-trial/

You could also check for a graphics card driver update for your laptop.

45090[/snapback]

No I haven't but I will download it and install it later this afternoon, will check my graphics driver. Many thanks I will let you know how it all goes.

Also check this setting. I am not sure what has happened in the world of computers, but I had two customers in the last week, been running without problems and all of a sudden having issues with panning and zooming. Both customers switched from OpenGL to DirectX, problem solved.

grabilla.g15912.png

Also check this setting.  I am not sure what has happened in the world of computers, but I had two customers in the last week, been running without problems and all of a sudden having issues with panning and  zooming.  Both customers switched from OpenGL to DirectX, problem solved.

45092[/snapback]

Boom, you nailed it, switched from openGL to DirectX everything back to normal. Not sure how it got switched, it certainly was not me, but very please to have it sorted out, Thank you.

Did you try IronCAD 2017?  I notice you do have a license for 2017.

You can download it here:

http://www.ironcad.com/download-free-trial/

You could also check for a graphics card driver update for your laptop.

45090[/snapback]

Just installed 2017, and used the Serial number and codeword from my 2016 install, however every time i open 2017 it asks me to register again. I'm obviously doing something wrong?

You'll need your 2017 serial number and codeword, I'll email them to you.

45095[/snapback]

Got them thanks, I'm up and running again!

Solving this issue was a great experience thank you all for the support, I am a new IronCad user (used Solidworks, AutoCAD products in the past) and have recently moved from fusion 360, which I actually liked (cost and ease of use) but I do spend a lot of time working in places with slow or no internet which renders fusion 360 unviable. That said I am enjoying the IronCAD experience, not yet as efficient with it as I was with fusion (and others), but getting there.

Edited by CPARRIS