Routing hoses or electrical cables in machinery

Is there a better way of routing electrical wiring and hydraulic hoses through or along other components. 3D curves or 2D sketch and convert to 3D as guides. Working with 3D curves is nice but hard to control. Getting to close to hatch a vertigo attack.

Regards,

Joseph blink.gif

This is a box I wired using the method Kevin was talking about.

Dallas

it takes getting accustom to but by driving the guide curve around with triball and then pressing "P" where you want points you can drag the triBall around in a plain otherwise the points jump around and attache to what ever. once you get the basic points, use more then you think you will need, you can go back and edit the guide curves to eliminate interference with other wires/hoses.

post-131-1405600394_thumb.jpg

Edited by dhovatter

I agree Using the TRiBall "P" approach is probablt the best way to do wires, hoses, and tubing. If you use the Connector tool that helps too (see image).

However, to model wires almost useless unless we could "harness" and provide some more "electrical" properties to test circuits, get wire lengths and etc...

I personally would like to have more advanced abilities in this regard, I think implementing a thirdparty such as TurboTools would be a welcome addition.

T

3dcc.JPG

Thanks to all for the help. I am trying to do a tutorial for this. And your suggestions will do help. Here my work in progressScene_101.pngLine_B_Part5_3D_curve.png

I was able to convert the center 2D profile to 3d curve but the left most 2D profile didn't covert correctly. In previous work in progress using the 3D polyline over this profile as guide gets it done.

I will integrate all you have helped me with.

Regards to all

Nice Joseph.

You may be able to make 2 - 2D shapes> Create 3D> Join them. Not sure.

I remember back in 1994 I used SDRC and it had the great ability to automatically adjust wire lengths, tyhe wires would constrain the component to which it was attached, in other words, if you had a draw with a keyboard on it, if you pull the draw out and the wire was short, it would stop your draw from pulling out and then you had the click of the button to make the wires longer to suit. Just reminiscing.

T

Thanks Tom. By the way while on the Shift Key subject, if you are facing a hole almost close to dead center to your view and drag a catalog shape to the center it doesn't fall to the center as the center point goes off as your cursor go past the diameter. Tried it with almost the keys unless a combination does the trick with out changing the view. This came up on a support call.

Thanks again

This is the update version. I hope this presents the concept and allow viewer to do their work around on their end. Please suggest areas of improvement.

cool.gif

Edited by jolizon590016