Integration for ICad 2014 and keyshot 5

A few questions on ICAD and Keyshot:

Can the Keyshot integrator for ICAD be configured to work with Keyshot 5 or is their going to be a new translator for V5? Currently, ICAD will only work in Keyshot 4...(but I'm not ruling out operator error).

Also, how is ICAD sending its data to Keyshot...is it exporting the file (as a .step, xt, obj, etc.) and then importing (or is it something completely different)? The reason I ask is that previously when I had to export /import files, (usually high piece counts with assemblies and subassemblies), more often than not I would be missing pieces (or entire assemblies) in KS...very frustrating. The integrator seems to have gotten rid of that problem...(although I still get the occasional exploded part showing up, but that's rare).

How does the ICAD model stay linked to KS? If you do a "save as" on the KS file you lose the ability to edit and update the from ICAD. It seems only the original file keep this functionality.

Thanks,

Mike

We are working on the KeyShot 5 integration. We have to rebuild against their new API. Hopefully we will have it ready soon and can announce it as available.

We are working with the direct facet representation from IronCAD to KeyShot. So the accuracy in the transfer should be very high compared to an export process.

I'll check on the link behavior and get back to you.

Cary

IRONCAD 2014 SP2 integration with KeyShot only works with KS4. There's a hotfix to make it work with KS5. It's a registry issue.

Currently we send the facets data to KeyShot. It is not a specific file format. Raw triangles in a BIP file.

The Update functionality is provided by the KS API. Currently, they only support association through structure and name (of part and material). So if you change the structure or naming in your ICS, that will break the update to KS.

A few questions on ICAD and Keyshot:

Can the Keyshot integrator for ICAD be configured to work with Keyshot 5 or is their going to be a new translator for V5? Currently, ICAD will only work in Keyshot 4...(but I'm not ruling out operator error).

Also, how is ICAD sending its data to Keyshot...is it exporting the file (as a .step, xt, obj, etc.) and then importing (or is it something completely different)? The reason I ask is that previously when I had to export /import files, (usually high piece counts with assemblies and subassemblies), more often than not  I would be missing pieces (or entire assemblies) in KS...very frustrating. The integrator seems to have gotten rid of that problem...(although I still get the occasional exploded part showing up, but that's rare).

How does the ICAD model stay linked to KS? If you do a "save as" on the KS file you lose the ability to edit and update the from ICAD. It seems only the original file keep this functionality.

Thanks,

Mike

38091[/snapback]

Animations created in IronCAD are transferred to KeyShot Pro? if you need to animate everything from scratch?

Not at this time. This can be looked at in future versions along with Texture transfer.

KS 5 supports now direct NURBS rendering, without triangles.

Yes we are aware of this and will look at this going forward to see if this is a valid option for our integration.

Best Regards,

Cary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...