Drag and Drop Property Info

tcooksey

Just noticed the materials catalog that can drag and drop color, material name, density all in one whack.

Very nice!

So here is what I would like to do along the same lines.

I have created a massive catalog of drag and drop colors based on a popular color matching system.

I would like to be able to drop these colors on a part and not only have it change the color but also add a custom property called Color and assign a color name to that property, for example PMS 750 C.

Is there a way to modify my current catalog to do this, or recreate it to add the additional info?

If this is possible, would the variable have to be assigned to the part prior to color drop or could the drop add it on the fly if not already in the part info?

Thanks,

Troy

Current the UI in the system only supports the Material Setting (not the custom properties). I think this could be done as an add-on utility. I'm not sure the effort to develop that but it shouldn't be long as long as it is pretty straight forward (like it is always a replace on drop not an append).

Cary