IronCad 2014 Triball Trouble

Karen Bond

I have installed and have been enjoying the benefits of the new version 2014 but I have started to notice that the triball coloured legs of the inner orientation handles disappear at random.

To get these legs to reappear, I have to exit the scene file and reload. Normally this works fine, but I have needed to do this a couple of times to get them back fully.

I had no issues like this with the previous version, and I have seen this happen on both my home and work machine.

I have attached an image of a screen shot together with the IronCad file that I saved after this condition had appeared.

As I have already said, this is a random happening, so loading this file the legs will probably reappear.

Has anyone else experienced this please?

TriBall_Trouble_.ics

post-39740-1386089794_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your replies.

I thought that it might be difficult to reproduce because it is so hit and miss, but because I have been able to reproduce it, I assume it will reappear again at certain times.

When I installed 2014, I updated my computer which included the latest updates for Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). Also, the graphics cards I am using are a Nvidia Quadro FX580 and an AMD Firepro V5900 which were updated at the same time.

I have been able to reproduce this problem in both DirectX and OpenGL, but I have decided to stick with DirectX.

Although this might not be a frequent problem (early days using v2014), I thought I would raise it to see if others report the same experience.

Thank you.

Thanks Kevin, I think I have found the fix.

I have been playing around with the screen properties and I have found that the problem seems to be that the realistic rendering max culling threshold value was too high.

I have attached an image for others to follow if they have the same problem.

You may need to zoom in and out to activate the new setting.

post-39740-1386190047_thumb.jpg