Free POV CODE rendering

Probably not easy to integrate similar to our current realistic rendering. We had to alter the code to support some of the material settings we support. We looked at Pov-Ray at the time of the realistic rendering update but didn't have all the licensing we needed. So the easiest is still to export out and render with Pov-Ray. Otherwise I believe it would be a fair amount of effort to integrate inside of IC. Less work would be an exporter with more materials to Pov-Ray but we would need to know the demand and how many people use this type of render. For example, Keyshot may be a more common option for many of our users.

Cary

I think IC should stick with the yafaray option already integrated and simply continue to perfect it.

I think the IC R/D should look at some of the Blender rendering tools for guidance since it also shares the yafaray rendering engine.

Both IronCAD and Blender use the same yafaray, yet Blender generates INCREDIBLE renders far superior to IC but Blender makes it dfiicult to get there. Many tools require crazy amount of clicks that could easily be reduced to one.

Again IC watch blender on tube and you will see where IC can improve in the rendering.

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

where is the bug? If IronCAD uses the same engine, why so long renders? and no effects ....!

https://www.google.pl/search?q=YafaRay&oe=u...-JoKbtAb5iYCYCQ

36463[/snapback]

Thats what has me baffled as well. I can only assume that the IC integration is missing some sort of code? Basically I think the magic lys in Nodes and Compsoting

http://www.yafaray.org/gallery?g2_itemId=39

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

Well there are two code streams of Yafray - Yafray and Yafaray. We are on the older Yafray since the Yafaray was not yet complete which offers faster rendering. The current version is ok on times as long as you avoid items that will make the rendering take forever (this is where it take a long time to understand settings). I like KeyShot since that is avoided but as mentioned it comes at a cost.

Cary