Granite Marble Stone rendering

Looks good, not sure what your problem is also.

I use texture maps over shaders, becuase shaders right now in IronCAD are extremely difficult to control.

http://www.cgtextures.com/

t

35897[/snapback]

I have a problem with the lights, for a realistic effect.

previous result was not like I wanted to get.

Salon.ics

I would try to use the Global Illumination and turn off the direct lights. However, you may need to get a different HDR image for the background that will give better lighting (this will play a big effect). Also, make the enclosed room so that you get reflections from all angles.

The marble smartpaint will work but you need to tweak the settings (which is the tricky part).

Cary

The background can make a huge difference. Here is a sample using different background, GI lighting, and I turned the spot to .2 with soft shadows. Also, I used the the Marble in the Rendering catalog (tweaked the scale on the natural mapping and the color to make it not as dark in the groves).

ICRender.bmp

Cary

The marble can be rotated in the settings to avoid that mismatch direction I have in my image. If you turn off the spot, the lights look a bit better but you may need to adjust the exposure and gamma on the output to make it more visible.

Still, I think more walls and a closed room will reflect and light better.

Cary

I didn't mean a fully closed room (unless you want to create the interior lights). I meant have the opposite side walls so that it can reflect the other side of the room (and could be better with additional environmental data such as fixtures and what not).

Cary

• 2 months later...
Thanks. I still have lot's to learn. This rendering exercise has been helpful. I added a table and vase to experiment more. Dropped in 'common glass' and wood from catalogs.

36423[/snapback]

I have a problem with setting the scene for rendering marble, granite, generally stone. Suggestions?

IronCAD there is no realistic visualization effect.

This photo is realistic with the other program

35894[/snapback]

Your render is different smile.gif

End effect: http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...pe=post&id=7142

Edited by dleczynski