Dell Mobile M6700 Issue

daffolder

I am using the latest version of IronCAD 2013 in Parasolids Kernel.

I have a dell mobile workstation:

Dell Mobile Precision M6700

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.6GHz

8G DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMMs

AMD FirePro M6000 (FireGL V) Mobility Pro Graphics with 2G GDDR5 RAM

Windows-7 Ultimate, Media, 64-bit

When I use the triball to attach one part to another, say one block to another block, when I place the anchor of the part I am moving to the "corner points" of the part I am attaching to I get a "green halo" around the center yellow dot indicating that I am at an end attach point. If I try to attach the block to a mid-point of an edge or a surface the triball will "lock" to the point, but the "green halo" does not appear around the yellow triball dot. It makes it a little tough to make sure I'm on the mid-point of the edge or center of the surface. I have tried most combinations offered in the Options:Render tab for OpenGL, Advanced OpenGL, and all combination of the drivers, but nothing seems to work to highlight the center edge or center surface. IronKevin indicates that it works on his Dell laptop. I checked on video drivers and the indication when I do a driver update on my laptop (3 weeks old) is that I have the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by daffolder

I saw a strange thing on a Dell Prec M6500 or if it was a M6700 today. When setting the external screen as the "primary screen" the graphic issues that we saw disappeared. So try connecting an external screen and set it as primary and see if it works any better.

Edit: It had a FireGL card too, 7820 or 7580 or whatever the numbers after 7xxx were.

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna