V13 install says I'm outta disk space

snelson

I've got 202gb free disc space.

During the 1st install attempt it restarted the PC at what seemed about the half way point of the install, no warning.

Since the shortcuts were on the desktop I attempted to run as Admin, entered my email and code and it said my email was not in the system or something to that effect.

2nd and 3rd install attempt both gave me the "There is not enough disk space to complete the installation. The installer will Stop!" warning.

Any ideas?

Which install are you running? We changed the self-extracting tool to address these issues in 2013. Also, the install should not be causing any reboots in the middle of the install I believe (there was a recent Windows update that came out and caused my machine to reboot yesterday in the middle of stuff which could be related). Please let us know.

Cary

It restarted 2 computers here while installing this morning. The 2nd install attempt for the other guy worked fine.

The build appears to be 11090 on the other PC that worked. It's a web download.

I'm only getting 10kb/sec download and don't want to isntall a download helper without talkin to our IS dept and Mike's not here today to help troubleshoot.

Turns out that the couple of people that were able to update found so many bugs using legacy files that we're going back to V12. Hopefully they'll be able to put up some bug reports next week.

The examples were:

-bringing in an assembly puts one part of the assembly in the right place and the other part detaches and goes way off in space.

-when opening a scene, it says it's in the default config but it's not and the only way to fix it is to switch back and forth within the configs.

-Ctrl+Drag to replace an assembly with an identical assembly makes the new one lose all part properties, sets Qty to 0 and sets it to Expand.

Hopefully they can shed more light on those next week though.

Edited by snelson