Large Assembly Mode

Mike Allen

I opened a big file in IC2013 & it shifted me into Large Assembly Mode. So I thought, "fine - I'll just suppress everything but the assembly I want to work on & it will put me back in normal mode." But it didn't do that (maybe it wasn't the intention of the feature.)

I've been looking for a way to toggle out of this mode, so that I can make some changes at the shape level, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this. The feature doesn't seem very useful to me, if the only option is to deselect the threshold number of parts (or increase it), close the scene & reopen it - since the scene took several minutes to open.

Does anyone have a way to get back to normal editing mode after a scene opens in Large Assembly Mode?

I opened a big file in IC2013 & it shifted me into Large Assembly Mode. So I thought, "fine - I'll just suppress everything but the assembly I want to work on & it will put me back in normal mode." But it didn't do that (maybe it wasn't the intention of the feature.)

I've been looking for a way to toggle out of this mode, so that I can make some changes at the shape level, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this. The feature doesn't seem very useful to me, if the only option is to deselect the threshold number of parts (or increase it), close the scene & reopen it - since the scene took several minutes to open.

Does anyone have a way to get back to normal editing mode after a scene opens in Large Assembly Mode?

35170[/snapback]

Mike,

If you uncheck the PART NUMBER LARGER THAN, then this will turn it off ( does not go in to this mode any more ).

I do not recall if this toggled it when it had already gone into that mode, but you might give it a try.

Not sure why my files were going in to this mode, as they did not meet the 500 part threashold, but they were fairly large files.

Troy

Thanks - I did try that. Changing the threshold number doesn't affect the current scene. I've since turned the feature off.

I can see the value of having the Large Assembly Mode to speed things up on big files while you are looking for what needs to be worked on - but it would be much more useful to me if it would turn off when the number of unsuppressed parts falls below the threshold.