Edit View Curves

styson

When in precise mode and editing view curves, the drop down part tree only allows changing the layer of one part at a time. Has anyone come up with a solution to assign a layer to multiple parts. In scene mode the model tree allows mutiple parts to be selected, it would be great if this could be done in the edit view curve function in the ironcad drawing.

We do this on all of our instructions drawings. While in 'Edit View Curves', change the 'Select Edges By:' to 'Parts' then pick the parts individually without holding any keys then hit 'Apply'. Just know that if you click a bunch of parts, then accidentally pick off to the side it will deselct everything and you have to start over. I just pick a few at a time, hit apply, then go back for more.

Hope that helps,

Steve

bbbb.jpg

ccc.jpg

ddd.jpg

When in precise mode and editing view curves, the drop down part tree only allows changing the layer of one part at a time. Has anyone come up with a solution to assign a layer to multiple parts. In scene mode the model tree allows mutiple parts to be selected, it would be great if this could be done in the edit view curve function in the ironcad drawing.

35079[/snapback]

We do this on all of our instructions drawings. While in 'Edit View Curves', change the 'Select Edges By:' to 'Parts' then pick the parts individually without holding any keys then hit 'Apply'. Just know that if you click a bunch of parts, then accidentally pick off to the side it will deselct everything and you have to start over. I just pick a few at a time, hit apply, then go back for more.

Hope that helps,

Steve

post-1670-1352748385_thumb.jpg

post-1670-1352748412_thumb.jpg

post-1670-1352748427_thumb.jpg

35082[/snapback]

Thanks for that, another tip learned, the only problem is that in a very complex drawing with many parts, it would be good to go to selection options and assign multiple layers to parts in this model tree. At the moment I do this individually because shift or ctrl do not allow multiple picking. Do you or any one else have an idea if this is possible. Look forward to the reply

Edited by styson

We have up to a couple hundred parts per scene and assign different colors to different parts in the same view in the same way.

After you're done picking the parts you need in one color, hit Apply, then change the Style or Layer, then go back to the tree or select other parts in the view and go back and hit Apply. (not the green check mark for Apply and Exit, but the Apply button)

Is that what you were lookin for?

PS, you can also select parts and right click on a part in the view that you've selected then choose Set Curve Properties instead of going back to hit Apply.

Edited by snelson

We have up to a couple hundred parts per scene and assign different colors to different parts in the same view in the same way.

After you're done picking the parts you need in one color, hit Apply, then change the Style or Layer, then go back to the tree or select other parts in the view and go back and hit Apply. (not the green check mark for Apply and Exit, but the Apply button)

Is that what you were lookin for?

PS, you can also select parts and right click on a part in the view that you've selected then choose Set Curve Properties instead of going back to hit Apply.

35139[/snapback]

Thanks for replying so quick, this is the way I have been doing it, by right clicking and setting the curve properties, the way you suggested is good for multiple selection, and I will use this from now on. Just wondered if I had missed a way of using the model tree, but it seems your way is the only way of picking multiple parts. Thanks again