Bill of materials

Guest bbraho

We are trying to use IC drawings more, and are working with Bill of Materials.

On bills of materials:

Is there a way to change the precision of calculated weights (Part Mass) shown in Bills of Material?

148 LB instead of 148.123553 LB?

Under 'Bill of Material Properties' dialog box, 'Item Bubble association', Custom,

I would like to use the 'Part Number', but its not one of the options.

Is there a way?

Thanks,

Brian

For the item Bubbles to show the Upper/Lower split value you must go to the Styles and Layers (or a single Item Bubble).

Select Item Bubbles, the Style setting and the change the "Geometry" setting to Split Circle. I don't think any of the other settings can show split values.

ItemBubble_SplitCircle.png

Hello Brian,

At the moment the decimals are controlled by the decimal setting in the Tools/Options General Tab (precision displayed in dialogs).

34591[/snapback]

Thanks.

Better control over this should be filed as an ER.

For the item Bubbles to show the Upper/Lower split value you must go to the Styles and Layers (or a single Item Bubble).

Select Item Bubbles, the Style setting and the change the "Geometry" setting to Split Circle. I don't think any of the other settings can show split values.

post-1692-1346946293_thumb.jpg

34592[/snapback]

Sorry, I've not been clear. As shown below, the custom properties doesn't have a part number option.

post-21127-1346950428_thumb.jpg

That's true, I forgot to mention that you just have to manually type "Part Number". It's important that you don't type "part number", "PartNumber" or "Part number" or similar.

That's true, I forgot to mention that you just have to manually type "Part Number". It's important that you don't type "part number", "PartNumber" or "Part number" or similar.

34600[/snapback]

That was easy. Thanks.

Tip of the Day smile.gif - Go to Tools/Options/Property List. In that Dialog, add any new custom properties you may add to parts. Once added here, they will show up in the drop downs when adding them in the custom properties on parts and in the drawing in these drop downs. Saves you from having to retype all the time.

Cary

Hi Tom,

Did you update the view after the change? Most changes in the BOM doesn't apply until an update.

Second, you should always use the same configuration as the one that the view is using, in this case - change from "no configuration selected" to "default". This is very important in general! The "no configuration selected" (or "whole" in caxa) is one of my biggest dislikes... should be renamed "include suppressed objects" and not be set as the default option.

Cary, is there any other way to get the Part Number shown in the BOM other than manually typing it as a custom prop? There's no specific option for Part Number and Description. It has always worked out fine to manually type it (or as you said, add it in the custom list).

Hi Tom,

There is no Part Number set on the Parts in the scene? The BOM and the Item Bubbles always reads from the parts, if you manually add the Part Number in the BOM you must transfer it, but then it will be transfered as a Custom Property... You should always set at least one parts Part Number in the scene, then the rest will work fine.

So, in the scene, select the parts and add the Part Number.

Now, the Item Bubbles will show the Part Number set on the parts in the scene. But the BOM will still show the values you've manually typed in the BOM, since they're added as Custom Properties.

Hi Tom,

There is no Part Number set on the Parts in the scene? The BOM and the Item Bubbles always reads from the parts, if you manually add the Part Number in the BOM you must transfer it, but then it will be transfered as a Custom Property... You should always set at least one parts Part Number in the scene, then the rest will work fine.

So, in the scene, select the parts and add the Part Number.

Now, the Item Bubbles will show the Part Number set on the parts in the scene. But the BOM will still show the values you've manually typed in the BOM, since they're added as Custom Properties.

34636[/snapback]

This is weird, I do have the numbers set on my parts. Not sure why they didnl;t come through.

This is weird, I do have the numbers set on my parts. Not sure why they didnl;t come through.

34639[/snapback]

Hi Tom

I tried with ACIS but it did not work.

I changed the kernel from ACIS to Parasolid and it shows the Part # which was included in BOM

Will this help!!

Bimal

Scene2.JPG