Problems with entering data and editing labels

mgajewski

Recently I have been unable to type in / edit names of parts and assemblies in the scene explorer. Only two or three keyboard letters can be typed in. Some keyboard numbers can be typed in but number 1 cannot.

The number 1 cannot be entered into the length box when editing a line in 2D profile editing mode or into the direct entry box for moving a triball.

My keyboard works fine with other programs.

What is causing these problems?

Hello Mark,

It is probably the XML files for the UI that needs to be "reset" by removing them. Instead of removing them, just take them away temporarily if it wouldn't solve the problem.

Mark,

Please send your .xml files to support@ironcad.com so I can test with them here. We are working on a bug that has been reported where the user was unable type text in the Scene Browser for characters that are assigned to keyboard shortcuts, could that be the case for you?

IronCAD 2012 XML file locations:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

Windows Vista/7:

C:\Users\login-name\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

Mark,

Please send your .xml files to support@ironcad.com so I can test with them here.  We are working on a bug that has been reported where the user was unable type text in the Scene Browser for characters that are assigned to keyboard shortcuts, could that be the case for you?

IronCAD 2012 XML file locations:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

Windows Vista/7:

C:\Users\login-name\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

33250[/snapback]

Kevin,

This is exactly what is happening in my case - shortcut characters seem to be unavailable when typing text in the Scene Browser.

I am sending in my XML files as you requested.

One more thing since we are on the subject: I use a lot of shortcuts and like to assign my own characters. When a character is already assigned to something else in IronCAD, a message appears saying "already assigned to such and such". And there is no way to override that assignation there and then but I have to laboriously search for that item (I often do not know which menu it can be found in), remove that assignation and then go back to my original place and assign the character. That's why I really do not like redoing my customizations. Perhaps typing in a character could automatically remove its existing assignation? That would be a big help. Failing that, it would be helpful if the message said in which menu the assigned functionality could be found.

Mark,

From IC 2012 the shortcut keys are saved in separate XML files placed under (Win7): C:\Users\login-name\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

Maybe those are ther reason behind the problems.

Earlier I sent an ER regarding a new button "Go to Conflict" that should be added under the Customization. I really hope we'll see it soon!

Mark,

From IC 2012 the shortcut keys are saved in separate XML files placed under (Win7): C:\Users\login-name\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\14.0\en-us\Customization\

Maybe those are ther reason behind the problems.

Earlier I sent an ER regarding a new button "Go to Conflict" that should be added under the Customization. I really hope we'll see it soon!

33257[/snapback]

Jonas,

Good to know and I agree a button like that would help a lot (and it would be good to have a "Go back" button from the conflict's location as well).

I think it would be nice if all customizations could be made in some sort of a large lookup table that users could edit.