Renaming IronCAD Drawing Files in Explorer

jparrish

We recently upgraded our design PCs to windows 7 64bit and are running IronCAD 2011 64bit.

We have some drawing files that need to be renamed. But windows will not let us rename any IronCAD drawing files through windows explorer.

We can save the files again under a new name with IronCAD, but cannot delete the old files.

The odd thing is that we can rename scene files, but not drawing files. The error given is the file is in use by windows explorer.

I have tried unlocker resorted to using XYPlorer to rename some files... but it will not let me change files that I did not create...

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks...

-JP

This particular file is on the network.

I have tried to delete it from several machines, XP, Win 7, SBS 2008. I can open it in IC, save it. Then check it with Unlocker and Lockhunter and no locking handles are found. Then try and delete it and it says it is in use. What a pain.

Kevin, when we went through this issue in emails last september you were thinking it had to do with indexing of files on the mapped drive. It was filed under incident 96878 "file copy and rename"

Wish I could recall what fixed it but hang in there Joel, this was a huge headache for us last September. It wasn't any unlocker tool though, I'm sure of that.

Steve

Thanks Steve but unfortunately our records show 96878 as still an un-resolved bug and no work-around was documented. I'm not sure if this is unique to IronCAD with 200 million Google hits on [can't delete file that is not in use]

Anyway, maybe checking processes on the server itself that might be holding the files.