There I was...

Guest EricFoy

Guest EricFoy

...when I clicked the IronCAD icon only to receive the dreaded "IronCAD could not find a license" message. I placed a frantic call in to IC HQ, hoping maybe Kevin would still be hanging out running some rendering speed tests or something. No such luck.

So I slowly hung up the phone, took a deep breath, and resolved to stay cool. "I've got to think..." I said to myself, two fingers across my lips, as though taking a deep drag on an imaginary Marlboro, "...what did I do last?"

Ah, yes, I had just installed a new USB wireless network device. The answer was immediately obvious, like when you're at the train station and your flight's about to leave but the TSA agent says your mid-term report is late and that's why only water comes out of the gas pump.

So I downloaded a little utility called CCleaner (just google it. I highly recommend this baby). After two passes through the registry, it reported zero problems, so I rebooted, and, WHADDYA KNOW? IronCAD is back!!!

It's magic, I tell you.

I was so excited, I just had to share.

Lucky guy!

Last evening, IC2011-PU1-64 crashed on me and when I launched it again, IC said it couldn't obtain a license. Since then, I've tried everything I can think of (except a clean system reinstall), including running CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, un- and reinstalling the license and IC (plus cleaning out a directories and common registry location by hand). No luck! Interestingly, I've installed a new wireless router yesterday (Cisco E4200) without installing software on my machine, though. And no, disconnecting the router doesn't help either sad.gifmad.gifsad.gifmad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

An update on the problem Eric ran into. I is clear now that IronCAD's new licensing will fail with the slightest of hardware change due to the new MAC address introduced into the system. We are working to update this but in the meantime if you expect to make a a hardware change (even as simple as plugging in an external USB hard drive) please contact us to arrange for a new license file.

• 2 months later...

FYI,

If I have my phone plugged into my laptop and I start IC, it cannot obtain license.

If I unplug my phone, IC can obtain license.

So if you run into this "mysteriously" after installing a new device, unplug that new device, start IC and plug it back in.

-JP

• 1 month later...
A fix for this is now available. Joel, I will email it to you.

31778[/snapback]

if that is a general fix, can i get it, too? Please.

Hi Beat, the email I sent to you bounced back, I'll just post the fix here:

Install 2011 License Hotfix:

1. Start the License Management Tool, copy/paste the Lock ID into an email to support@ironcad.com

2. Copy(overwrite) the BlockPart.qdb file to either (folder may be hidden):

a. Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CAXA\3DLib

b. Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\CAXA\3DLib

3. Copy(overwrite) DrawLib.dll (chose 32 or 64 bit based on you Windows version) and CaxaSafeS.exe to \Program Files\IronCAD\2011\bin

4. On Windows 7/Vista, right-click the License Management Tool and select Run as Administrator (on Windows XP just run License Management Tool), then re-activate your license using you serial number and codeword.

Software_License_Hot_Fix.zip