getting light through glass

Guest rzito

Thanks Kevin

I tried that on those two samples.

I also tweaked the emission on that component but it makes the whole diffuser glow.

By the way is there a way to copy lights more than one at a time, the rendering was done on 2011 beta 2.

Regard

Well I think the way to achieve this is not using the "glow". Really you want the volumetric lighting (if you want to see the light in space). But that is a fake result on spot lights and does not give accurate results through all types of objects. I think true volumetrics is difficult and time consuming rendering process. If you do not need the results in space, you can probably achieve the results on the parts using a point light and a real modeled cone with reflection around the point light. Maybe Kevin can give it a try.

Cary

Thanks Kevin

Maybe i should remove the diffuser for the sake of the render, do think the cut off provide by the slot in the tube could be projected onto a model of a stepped ceiling and would there be special setup for lights.

I'll have a try and post the results.

Regards