How to improve the printouts

gsidana

Hi All,

Some more questions.

When i am taking printout of drawings of gear tooth profile (in 20:1 scale) then the tooth profile which i am getting is not smooth ...ie.. it is curve shape formed by 3 to 4 straight lines. I want to increase its smoothness ., How?

Thanks and Regards

Amit Bose

Hope Technologies

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion. I ve tried that ..even if u increase the surface smoothnss to the max ie 72 it does not work .

Just now i tried by reducing the surface deviation to .001 then it worked to perfection.

Thanks a lot and if u have any suggestion for my other problem of calculating the arc length/ spline length in the sketch mode then do reply.

Thanks and regards

AMIT BOSE

quote:Originally posted by Robert Andersson:

In 3D scene:

-Select the part.

-Part Properties/ Rendering. Change value to a higher one like 70.

-Update your ICD

You can set the default value in Tools/ Options

Robert Andersson

Solidmakarna

id=quote>
id=quote>

Two Things....

1. You can set the Surface smoothness to a value higher than 72 (the field only drag to that but you can enter higher numbers if you want).

2. The drawing has two modes. VHL (Draft Quality) is a facet based representation of the drawing (default drawing mode). Changing the surface smoothness in the drawing will affect the representation on the drawing in this mode. PHL (Precise or True Representation of the lines, arcs, and splines) can be turned on by selecting Ctrl-Shift-B on the drawing. This will draw the true mathematical representation of the geometry (changing the surface smoothness will have no affect). This will give you the smooth lines you desire.

Cary