How to change units in CAXAdraft?

tlehnhaeuser

• 10 years later...

I opened a drawing (with many 2d parts drawn by client) with caxa, created in draftsight by client... then Copy 2d Shapes to clipboard [to paste in 3D Sketch).

Then In 3D SKETCH paste those objects. Result is Extrude is in usual mm size...  but the 2D object I pasted is 25.4 times bigger. Frustrating.

Only workaround is to Export the part geometry from 2D file, save as a separate dwg, then import to sketch. I would love to be able to press a UNITS button to resolve this.

Hi Ian,

This suggestion may help. When you paste geometry into the 2D Sketch, the geometry remains highlighted until you click somewhere in the scene. This is convenient as it allows you to immediately "Scale" (and move) the pasted geometry if required. This is demonstrated in the attached video, where I copy a "Block" from CAXA and paste it into a 2D Sketch. The scale value entered is "1/25.4", which CAXA correctly calculates as 0.03937

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

Hi Ian,

Another thing to consider is the "MEASUREMENT" variable within the original DWG file. Within AUTOCAD (and some DWG Editors) this variable can be set to either "Imperial" or "Metric" within the DWG file. This variable influences the scale "pasted" into the 2D Sketch. The attached video demonstrates this. The only difference between the two DWG files shown is this "MEASUREMENT" variable. One is set to "Imperial" and the other to "Metric".

Malcolm

MEASUREMENT Variables in DWG Drawings - Imperial and Metric.PNG

Edited by Malcolm Crowe