Options to "Brighten" Renderings?

Ok, I am trying to generate some template rendering files and for the life of me I cannot get a scene to render in a bright setting. In other words, The final render is either too dark or too light, depending on exposures, light intensity, ambient light settings I change. I always have to rely on adjusting using the post-processing of tone adjustments.

Is there anyway to get a final rendering to achieve a a picture that will not require post-processing? I still images on yafray gallery that provide the realism I'm looking for, but dialing in the settings is one thing that has eluded me now since its inception into IronCAD.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Tom

Guest EricFoy

Most of my renderings (photo-realistic), I do with no lights on in the scene. I have few actual hdr images for the environment background, so I'm usually using a JPG for that. I can usually get a good exposure by cranking up the global illumination (set on FULL) to a value of 1.8 to 2.5, sometimes 3.

Here's a scene rendered w/ 4 lights on. Rendering Time:

Here's the same scene w/ no lights turned on, GI power = 2.5. Rendering

ICRender3.bmp

ICRender4.bmp

Guest EricFoy

Sorry...

My browser failed in the middle of my post. I didn't even know any of it got posted till now. Anyway, the no-lights scene rendered much faster than the one with lights turned on, though I no longer have the actual data. Here are the views, though...

First, with four lights on.ICRender3.bmp

Now, with no lights on, just GI and a suitable background.ICRender4.bmp