Sheetmetal Catalog

mwalls558626

I am having a problem with getting the tooltbl.txt file to change. I have done this with every version of IC, so I am familiar with how to do it, but this time, it is giving me problems. None of the additions I have added are showing up, and it is acting like it is not actually reading the tooltbl.txt file that is visible, but maybe from some hidden area??? I am using Win7, so I don't know if this is an issue or not. Is there some other spot to look for this file, or is there some other file that is directing it some where else? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike

Well, here is what I found out. It puts the tooltbl.txt into a hidden file folder under users/"my user name" / AppData ( the hidden folder ) / Roaming / etc, etc....

You can change the tooltbl.txt file under the normal Ironcad folder all you want, but until you delete the tooltbl.txt file under the directory above, it does not change anything. As soon as I deleted the file under the hidden folder, it picked it up fine. This is for Win7.

So thanks Doug and Cary. It was just under a hidden folder in Win7.

It seems odd, however, that you have the tooltbl.txt file in IronCad, and you edit it, but it does not update the file it needs to unless you delete it from another place. Makes no sense at all. It should just overwrite it if you change it in the main IronCad directory. Maybe this is just a function ( read "problem" ) with Win 7.

Mike

Well you're lucky that the program files version even allowed you to edit it. Welcome to Vista/Win7 world. That is a restricted folder and we have to copy to an editable location which normally is the appdata folder. Even in XP the application folder was hidden. It is one of those joyful things from microsoft. We could copy to a folder like my documents, but that folder normally gets cleaned up by users and they may accidently delete the files (hence the appdata location).

Cary