ICD background color

scoelho

The standard background in the .icd workspace is white. After 10 years of this, my eyes are starting to hurt. Is there any way with the new XG that we can make the background black, and object lines white like AutoCAD, and still have the drawings print correctly? I think AutoCAD automatically inverts the colors before printing.

Thanks for any help you can give with this.

-Steve

Tom, I did find that a long time ago. So yes I can change the background to black, and set my layers to make object lines white - like autocad. But when I print, the paper is white and the lines are white, so nothing prints. Autocad has some feature that inverts white object lines to print black. thats what I am looking for here

You get the same issue when you export a .pdf of a drawing - the background of the .pdf is white, and no lines show up because they are the same color as the background.

Hi Steve

TOOLS>Options>Color>sheet background.

BTW, this has been around for along time, I'm guessing maybe version 6 or so.

cheers

Tom

27546[/snapback]

Tom,

This works great but then you can't see the lines. What colors do you have to change for rest? does it invert the colors when you print? Sometimes have a problem changing this because you don't want to lose something in the background.

I think there are print issues when doing that plus you need to change the line type color as well. It may be easier to use the CAXA Draft environment if it meets your needs since it is more like the AutoCAD capability for the color switching.

Cary

27547[/snapback]

Cary,

CAXA, as nice as it may be, is not a option for us at this point. IronCAD 2D is 95% perfect in my opinion - it just needs a few little tweaks. The last thing I want to do is work with another cad system and additional file types, etc.

I sure would vote for the color reversing option in the IC drawing environment if were to say, appear as an enhancement request (hint hint).

27560[/snapback]

Yea Mike, I've been requesting that since like version 2.0 - there must be some great technical issue why it can't be done.