animation with music?

Jeff Myler

I've created a fly in animation with IronCad and it needs a cool music beat to bring it to life. Is there an easy way to attach a music beat right within Windows media player 9? Or do I need something like Adobe Premier to do this. I would like to send customers animation with sound built in.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks fellow IronCADers...

If you have Windows XP, you can use Windows Movie Maker to add music clips to AVI's. One other note: If you want a high quality AVI, it is easier to export the frames out of IronCAD as Tiff or JPG Sequence. Then import into Movie Maker and compile. This will save time and it will give you a high quality export then the default avi export from IronCAD.

Cary

Hi Cary,

Is there a simple tute that shows this?

Also, while we're on the subject, is there a way to animate color, transparency etc.. in IronCAD. I am trying to get a pair of sunglasses to tint dark and lighter according to the sun. Any tips would be helpful.

Tom Lehn...

Magnacad Design Inc.

Tom, You cant animate transparancy (or colors and textures) in IronCAD directly.

But you can do like this:

-Create one animation with solid color and export color.avi

-Change the parts transparancy and export the same animation to transparancy.avi

-Use a animation editor and place the two anims in top of eachother.They should run at the same time.

Then make the first slowly to be replaced by the second animation, over time.

A great animation editor is Adobe Premiere. There is also a Adobe Premiere light edition that

often is bundled with hardware (like Sony Vaio notebook.)

-Also Quicktime can import imageseries. And export .MOV and perhaps AVI.

In Windows XP there is a editor included as Cary mentioned. I think there is a uppgraded version to get from microsoft.com where more tools apear.

To export an animation as a serie of still images, just do File/ Export/ Animation/ change filetype to PNG or TIF. If you use TIF dont forget to set nr of colors to 24 bit, wich you do under the button "Options" in the export dialog. IronCAD will add a serie of names to the imagefiles automaticly.

Remember you can also animate Intellishapes (also negative) ,spotlights and cameras.

Also, check you number of frames per second. 25 will be flicker free.

Robert Andersson

Solidmakarna

Hi Robert,

Thanks foir the info. I will need to eventually get a "animation" software that is high end. Right now, to create my "tinting" issue. I create thin cut" intellishape and change is tint darker than original part. Then simply animate the intellishape. Since IC remembers the dark tint of intellishape if works pretty good for what I need.

Thanks

Tom Lehn...

Magnacad Design Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gstuart

Fellow IronCaders

If you are looking into Adobe Premier, you should also check out Pinnacle Edition (now Liquid Edition). I have only basic experience with it but I consider it the Ironcad of digital video software. Thanks to all for the IC animation tips.

Gary