How do I create Cut Lists?

tlehnhaeuser

I am trying to create a cut list using the BOM tool and I can put the Sizebox H. L. and W as columns, however theres no way to add the angle cuts to the piece.

If anyone can provide a template cutlist they have created or any insight into this subject it would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

You use IronPRO XT don't you? If you use the IronPRO XT Steel tool and make the cuts with the built in end cut tool you can get the cut angle values to the BOM as well. You can also use special ICD BOM settings to get things like the sum of columns and multiplying columns.

I'll have a look if I have some pre-made BOM templates for this.

Well there is a free version that I believe includes the ProBom. Basically when you install the version on the DVD you will have full functionality. Then after 30-day, the advance tools will need a real license. But many of the basic functions will still operate. So you can test it out and determine what you need. At that point, we can get a price quote together.

Cary

Jonas,

I have IronPRO and never used that function thanks I will need to take a look. Do you have an video tutorial you can share? As for using the BOM to generate formulas, I dont think theres a way to get the angle end cuts using that approach.

Cary, This is for a potential customer that does alot of framework using standard steel box tubing.