part custom parameters on drawings

mblatherwick

Is there a way to display part custom properties or parameters on the drawing title block.

I have a custom property called PART_MATERIAL on my model, on the drawing title block I have a cell for material information (or any other custom attribute, I use material as an example), I know that custom part properties do not appear in the part property name drop down, so I have manually entered $PRPPart:"IC-Part_Material", but this is not displayed.

Ideally custom properties should appear in the drop down, but I dont appear to be able to make the manual workaround work..

Any help much appreciated!

Edited by mblatherwick

Hello Mark,

From what I can see the value you have entered is correct. But the property is read from the first part or assembly in the Scene Browser. If you want the information from a special part/assy you need to select it manually.

Right click on the Sheet, choose Sheet Setup.

At the bottom of the window, click on the dropdown under "Part properties from".

Select the ICS file.

Click on the button "Choose Part".

Select the part/assy in the tree browser.

Now the value from the Custom Property "Part_Material" should appear.

If there's only one part/assembly in the Scene Browser you should get the name of the property directly. However, sometimes you need to double click and then deselect the title block just once to get it updated with the value.

When you double click you get the direct text edit mode and should see the $PRPPart:"IC-Part_Material". Deselect and your property value should be there.

You also might want to try $PRPPart:"IC-PART_MATERIAL". I know that for the BOM at least, "Material" != "MATERIAL".

This worked for me (when the custom property was applied to a part in the scene) in v2009B3 at least. I did reference the custom property in all caps both places. When I went to lower case on the drawing, the property no longer appeared.

Edited by Mike Twining

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply..

You gave me enough clues to fix this!

DDM attributes are passed to the document properties, so I need to select 'Sheet Setup' on the drawing and then select the component scene file from the 'Document Properties From' drop down box.

Now I can define a title block cell to show the PART_MATERIAL attribute from DDM.

To define this cell, select 'Scene/Drawing specified in setup sheet' from the 'Text Style Properties' dialogue and then add the attribute definition in the 'Text' box as.. $PRPSheet:"IC-PART_MATERIAL"

DDM Part Material attribute is now displayed correctly in the drawing title block.

Thanks!