Hoops ACIS viewer & IronCAD

Jeff Myler

I've been trying the 3-D ACIS Viewer called Hoops by Spatial. It is very cool. I am looking for a good way for my customers to view, rotate and discuss my models. I export to ACIS 7.0 and open it in Hoops, but the part comes in mirrored. Also no luck with seeing model if exported as a VRML.

Anyone out there having any luck with IronCAD parts to Hoops?

Or other suggestions?

I changed the coordinate system in Hoops and ACIS model is OK now!

Give Hoops a try...I really like it. I like the continuous spin mode. How about Iron-View? This is great for sharing/viewing models with our sales people and customers. They really like rotating 3-D realtime! What are you guys doing for sharing?

Guest IronKevin

We have the free IronCAD drawing viewer (free .icd format viewing w/o IronCAD). Pass it to all your colleagues and friends.

The viewer is available in the IRONCAD6\AddOns\IronCADShellExt folder. Perhaps a 3D viewer will happen in the distant future but no release date has been set.

IronKevin

You have the ability right now with IronWEB. It works good but I am trying to get IC to add V&M capabilites to it which would make it extremely robust.

It works withg Vrml data and Free CosmosPlayer which also has continuous spin.

IronWEB!!!! all it needs is a few more tweaks and it would eliminate the need for any 3rd party viewer or V&M tool.

IronDudes consider this a ER.

Thanks

Tom

Guest IronKevin

VRML is great if viewing is the only need.

The problem with VRML is accuracy - ACIS or Parasolid (and other formats) allow measuring, sectioning, etc. which some viewers provide.

IronKevin

Hi Kevin,

If making IronWEB work with a kernel to achieve more abilites then thats great. I only mentioned Vrml since thats the way it is now and I know using vrml data is a bit dated.

Some add-ons that I have seen in other applications allow the viewer (user)to

1. Exploded the 3D assemblies by dragging

2. Create Parts Lists

3. Section, Measure, and Redline

4. suppress parts as needed to view easier.

etc..

Just something to think about.

Tom