Shadow Plane

well not that I am aware of through the UI, however a trick would be to create a part positioned where you want the plane, then suppress it. Since it appears the shadow plane will be dictated by the furhtest most part in the scene ( whether suppressed or not).

Make sense?

Tom

Tom, Thanks for the idea.

It made sense, but didn't work. I was trying to make a shadow as if the part just slightly above a flat surface. Only using smooth shading - totally sufficient for end result.

The default shadow spacing is visually about the height of the part away from the bottom. I tried your idea and put a block under the product and made it taller than the part - the shadow stayed in its original place. I moved the part up and down relative to the datum plane and that had no effect.

Shadow is not at all critical for the presentation on Monday, so I can live without it and try some other time.

Guest EricFoy

Weird, since I have noticed the behavior expected by Tom's comment. So you might try putting your block under the part and leave it unsuppressed (visible). Then turn off the shadow plane, save the file, exit, re-enter... whatever it takes. Then turn the reflection plane back on, then suppress the block. It seems this should work, since I've seen it do this in the past.