Glass inclusions

Guest rzito

Guest rzito

Hi All,

I'd like to try rendering a glass square tube that will show air bubbles trapped within the glass walls.

Tom,

This should get your juices flowing.

Any ideas would be welcome, my head is already startin' to hurt.

Regards blink.gif

Hi Ralph,

I 'll try andd find it however what I did in the past is actually create an assembly od "glass" spheres to represent bubbles. If would well, however the placement and sizing of each bubble took quite a bit of time.

Heres a post thtt I guess stunped everyone.

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...?showtopic=5215

Ralph. Maybe you can use the splash Bryan created in his fluid program here:

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...?showtopic=6112

Most 3D Graphic/Rendering programs like 3D Studio or Lightwave have an object type called Particles. Particles allow you to quickly and parametrically create hundreds of small objects such as broken glass, bubbles or even smoke. Of course these are things not found in CAD systems but if you have access to one of these graphics modelers you could create the particles and import them into IronCAD. Otherwise, you will have the painstaking task of creating them manually.

Guest rzito

Thanks Tom & Kevin,

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was going to involve producing spheres and placing them within the solid glass. How do you treat the render settings on the spheres?

I have followed your links, that circular piece is just what the doctor ordered.

I have attached the images of the model I'm working on, I'd only really need to see the bubbles when I zoom right in.

Regards Ralph

ICRender_mr1.bmp

ICRender_mr2.bmp

Guest EricFoy

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3773

Hey Tom:  That's an actual photo that was taken on shuttle flight STS-47.  You can see the earth in the background. I heard it took the crew a few hours and several bottles of Highland Mist to get it just right.

biggrin.gif