Sheet metal stocklist

smaki

Hi,

I can´t geet ironcad to read my custom tooltable for sheet metal, has this changed in any way since IC10? I´ve created my own list that i have placed in C:\Programs\IronCAD\11.0\ApplicationData and moved the existing ones to another location. But i still cant get IC to read the text file. Can´t find anything in help either that would light my winding path...help anyone?

regards Stefan

Hi,

the path that was shown in the registry was under C:\Documents and Settings\stefanm\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\11.0\tooltbl.txt . Moved the the tooltable file here and at least it reads the right list, but a error message ststing "error reading tooltable.txt at line 720 or somthing", but im guessing i have to check thrugh the file for errors. Fun that it worked fine in IC10 though...

thanks for the help Kevin,

-Stefan-

Hi Stefan,

This is a common problem which might be related to user permissions and not to the actual tooltable file itself.

1. Close IronCAD.

2. Change the path in the registry (that Kevin wrote here above) to:

C:\Program\IronCAD\11.0\ApplicationData

3. Delete the tooltbl.txt file in the Doc..and Settings\* folder.

If you still have problems with this it should be a question of your user permissions.

Hi Jonas,

tried the suggestion you had but had the same problems as before "error readeing tool table at line 726..." but anyway, Kevin had a look at the table and changed out periods to commas this also seemed to work for me. Strange, since it worked fine in previous versions? So, problem solved, I guess huh.gif

"Hi Stefan,

I think the problem is this file is using periods (.) for decimal places, on Finnish systems it will expect commas (,). I changed them to commas and it loads fine."

• 2 weeks later...

Note that IronCAD must be closed for the changes to be applied.

If you make changes, close IronCAD if you haven't already done that, then save the tooltbl file and start IronCAD again.

Search and see if any other "tooltbl.txt" is present on your c: drive.

I would guess that you have a copy under the Doc..Settings folder and that it is used instead of the one you're editing. Happens now and then.

hmmm ,,, im getting worried now..

I just changed the background of my scene to that faded green.. I opened a new scene.. and set the default to the faded green..

then went to the background tool.. and copied the background file location and put into my current scene..

I noticed something very strange...

The location pointed to..

program files\ ironcad\ ironcad6\ images\

???!!.. WHAT.. I don't have an Ironcad 6 folder on my computer???.. its been a long time since I had IC 6.. i'm still running IC 10..

I wonder if my sheetmetal tool list is somehow grabbing from this hidden ironcad 6.0 folder.. not sure where it is.. thats the problem...

time to do a file search.. maybe its under another user file.. I have no idea..

probably used the simple one.. you know.. the dog.. looking through the book.. HA..

Will have to work something out with you Kevin... Gov computer .. you know.. rockets and all sorts of other cool stuff.. not even allowed to connect to internet.. HA..

will try to dig deeper into it on friday.. and give you a call friday... otherwise.. will have to make a trip to GA.. which is fine with me... need to take you for a ride in the GTO.. we can smoke up the parking lot.. and have a near death experience..