Tri-Ball Bug

Guest rbame

Guest rbame

I am having a lot of issues with the Tri-Ball on very small models.. for example blocks that are .02x.02x.02.. The planes move off the triball and the handles are hard to catch... is this a known issue or is there a scene setting that is causing this?

Move you Part Anchor so that it is placed back on the part. When you changed the size of the part, my guess is the anchor is still out in space. So when the TriBall is on, the camera perspective is messing up the display. If you reset the anchor position by using the move anchor tool under the shape pull-down, it should restore the TriBall display.

-Cary

Guest rbame

I have tried that and it still does not work... I did rescale this model 1"=30' but the anchors are in the correct position.. it is a pain, you cannot grab the handles when you zoom in so I have to zoom way out where it is almost impossible to see what is going on..

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=404

screen.gif

How about turning off perspective mode? [f9]

I was just able to mess up my triball by starting with a .02 part and then zooming way out. It certainly seems to be an issue with the software from my point of view. With only a single block in the scene, if I just hit Fit Scene then everything is fine; but in an environment where there are other larger parts I can see how this could become a problem.

If you just can't get it to work; a workaround might be to create a new configuration and suppress everything except for that one part in it; so that you could at least hit fit scene in that configuration and work on that single part. (Select all in scene browser, then right click/support, then unsuppress the single part that you want to work on; as opposed to suppressing everything "except" that one part)

I'll show Cary the problem on my box Rodney.

--Chris

• 1 month later...
Guest dlalonde

We've seen this at Yorkville Sound too. Don't remember this being a problem in the past. Is it happening to all users or just those with Nvidia cards and the newer Nvidia drivers? Try older versions of the driver, and older Ironcad too, it might not be an IC6 problem.

2cents...

Dave

Also noticed that Dolly Camera has some effect on the problem.

I've seen this with small parts in large scenes....

Easy way to reproduce this is to take a part from a catalog and make a copy 2000" away... copy both of those 2000" in the other direction... so you have 4 corners of a square, so to speak... then drop a new part in and resize it to say 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4" ... zoom all the way in on the small part, move the camera closer so the part is nearly full screen, target the part... select it and initiate the triball... rotate the scene... you'll get what we've been calling "the triball chu chu" effect...

Seems to be a triball update problem with a "large scene" and a small part zoomed all the way in on a part and moving the camera closer than the default "fit scene" distance... However, turning the perspective off drasticly limits the effect...

Does that make sense?

Joel Parrish

www.pai-design.com