Rendering Problem

Hi all,

I really like the new render engine in V10, but since a few days I’ve got some strange results. Before that day it worked perfect!

I've got some problems with the render window when rendering realistic views. As you can see in the attachment (screendump.bmp) the quality of the image is quite bad. You see something like a raster/grid over the image and anti aliasing problems. When I save the picture (at tiff 100% quality) the saved file is ok. I render settings don’t influence the quality of the window-image.

The second problem is when I render more images at the same time (so the pc has to work harder) I get strange dots/pixels in my images, see "saved as tiff.bmp". The biggest problem is that they are both in the render window as in the saved file!

When I render the same scene on a different pc, there a no problems at all… And I have problems with every scene, so it has to be the settings on my pc.

Anyone who knows this problem, or knows what might cause it?

I use a HP WX4400 with a Quadro FX1500 and have just updated the drivers.

Regards,

Sander Meijboom

Screendump.bmp

Saved_as_Tiff.bmp

Edited by smeijboom

Hi Sander,

Roel mentioned you were having this problem, have you tried swapping graphics cards with one of the other PCs that aren't seeing this problem?

21925[/snapback]

I recieve a new graphics card this day, so will be continued...

Edited by smeijboom

hereby an update:

The new graphics card (Quadro FX 1700) doesn't solve the problem completely. The saved files are ok. So the biggest problem is solved, but the Render Window still displays strange pixels and stripes as in the attachment in the starting post.

I also switched off the screen calibration software, with no result.

Well, the final results (after saving to file) are good, so I can work on.

Thanks for your help, when I know any more I'll post it here.

Regards Sander

The render window glitches happen when the rendered image size is larger then the window and IronCAD shrinks the display.  For now I do not believe there is a way around that.

21935[/snapback]

Kevin, What do you mean with "glitches"? The dots? I can't find a good translation of 'glitching'...

Update:

The problem is still there after saving to a file, I just find out mad.gif . It only happens when I render multiple windows at the same time...

It's also happening on the pc of my colleague (HP WX 6200, Quadro FX 1400)... So it could be something of IC or the (network) settings of our company.

I'll keep you informed,

Thanks!

Sander